Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Tuesday's Ebay Selling Tip: Don't take advice from Yard Sale Mommy
Which leads me to believe that maybe you shouldn't be taking my advice. I've been dolling out refunds these days like I'm Santa and it is Christmas.
Here's a look at some of my recent ebay communications:
1. Dear so and so, I regret to inform you that I shipped your item in a box that used to contain wine and it has been sent back to me, where it sat on my doorstep in the rain while I was on vacation for a week. Who knew you couldn't ship using a box with alcoholic beverages on it? Well, I guess I did but I just forgot.
2. Dear such and such, I regret to inform you that the dress I listed as a size 7 is really a size 4, yes I am a big dummy so here is your money back.
3. Dear blah blah blah, I regret to inform you that I can't find your item. I've looked all over my extremely organized garage full of junk (ha!) and it must have been stolen in the middle of the night by the toy thieves. So sorry.
4. Dear Miss You Are Totally Lying and I Know It, here is your money back because I just don't feel like arguing with you today.
5. Dear Miss Brand New to Ebay, Thank you so much for the negative feedback. I knew it was coming and it's good to just have it over with. And thanks, too, for not contacting me first to let me know you were displeased...that was so kind and courteous. Most importantly, thank you for buying 5 of my items and leaving me bad feedback for ALL of them. You know, 'cause if you're gonna go, go all out.
I'm sorry, I must go now. All of a sudden I am dripping with sarcasm and I need a towel. But at least I feel a little bit better.
Anyone else have any recent interesting eBay communications you'd like to share? Leave them in the comments!