Hi! If you're somewhat new to Yard Sale Mommy, every Tuesday I try to give a little tip to help you be successful when selling on ebay. Here are some you might have missed:
6. Set the right starting price
7. Ship international packages
On to today's tip! Someone once asked me how I make my auctions "pretty." The answer is simple. I use a listing service called Auctiva (pictured above). They are not paying me to tell you the following information, but they should!!
For years I simply used ebay to list. It was easy enough. But I found myself listing the same things over and over again, and while ebay did not save all of my past listings, Auctiva did (ebay may save all of your listings now, I don't know...they didn't use to and I'm happy with Auctiva so I have never bothered to check!). If I have something to list, and I found a similar item 5 years ago, I can search through every listing I ever made through Auctiva, find it, change the picture and a bit of the description, and I'm done. Here are a few reasons why I use auctiva:
- they save all my listings, which is great because I tend to list the same or similar things over and over again
- I can choose a "pretty" border around my listing, which makes my listings look more interesting and maybe a bit more "professional"
- I get more pictures through Auctiva than ebay for free, including free supersized pictures (this is really helpful for people to see condition/details of what I am selling)
- Auctiva provides a scrolling display of all your items for sale at the top of your listing, driving more traffic to my other items and hopefully getting them sold at a higher price.
- It's truly easy to use and I can get a listing done in less than ten minutes.
|Note the scrolling bar at the top displaying this seller's other items, and the pretty background for the listing. All possible through auctiva.|
How much does it cost?
When I first started using Auctiva, it was free. And when they started charging, I didn't want to give up my years and years of listings so I paid! I have the unlimited listings plan at $9.95 per month. You can get a basic plan, 15 listings for $2.95 per month. You can get a 30 day free trial so you might want to check it out!