I probably went to five yard sales, and the first one was on my street. That was the best one of the day! I should have gone home after that one, but I went and wasted gas instead. I was home by 8:30am with donuts and presents in hand, so the girls were happy.
It wasn't a stellar morning. I can tell that yard sales are winding down and the garage sale season is entering that lull...people are on vacation and the sales hardly seem worth the trouble. What's a yard sale mommy to do? Well, I'll tell you...later.
1. Fisher Price Great Adventures Sherwood Forest Robin Hood set. $0.25
2. Leapfrog Leappad System, Case, Books, Cartridges, and Puzzles $5
3. Costumes!! Disney Store Fairy and Narnia White Witch, Pink Frilly costume, and blue Midevil Costume $2 each ($8 total) (Will sell well at Halloween, or lot together)
4. 6 $0.50 movies ($3 total)
5. 8 Dear America Hard Back Books (my oldest LOVES these) $0.25 each (total $2)
6. Some Berenstain Bears books 3 for $1.00
7. Wizard of Oz Toto Dog $0.50
8. Clothes for girls, $0.25 to $0.50 a piece
9. Shoes for girls, including two pairs of boots, one pair Stride Rite $1.00 each (pink shoes were a quarter at a different yard sale) total $3.25
I spent about $25 for the morning. The girls will enjoy all of these things until they are ready to be enjoyed by someone else's children! Here's the haul:
|The Kit puzzles are new and I paid $1. This will make a great Xmas gift for my American Girl Lovers! The clothes were a great deal, too, and my oldest wore those boots around the house all day.|
|Would someone please loan this girl a brush? Gee Whiz! She was excited to have a dress up dress just like the girl on the cover of the book. She asked me to take her picture!|
- Buying and Selling Children's Books
- Storing your stuff
- Christmas and the Holidays
- Consignment Sales
I am also hoping to unveil my new logo this week! I am SUPER excited about it...my neighbor designed it for me and I love it. I am paying him with Frosted Mini Wheats but it is definitely worthy of Lucky Charms.
So how did you do this morning? Did you have any Happy Family Barbie moments like I did last week (remember the two sets I passed up? Ugh!) What did you find? What are you most excited about? If I tried to figure out how to do one of those linky jobbies, would you guys take pictures of your stuff and link up?