There is money to be made here, no doubt about it.
Truth be told, right now the yard sale season is slow. People are on vacation, it is so hot outside, and everyone is too busy to organize their life and their home. So you might feel like you are waiting...
For that coming up consignment sale, or the big neighborhood yard sale, or to find that hot, sellable item. It will happen. Sometimes you might feel like you are just sitting on the sidelines...
Waiting for something to happen.
There will be some flops. You might buy the wrong thing. You might turn your nose up at the right thing. But that's part of the fun, right? It is for me.
Don't worry. It will happen. You will be there at the right place, and the right time, and it'll hit you right in the face and you'll know
it was all worth it!
Things to keep in mind:
- Consignment sales are gearing up. Sign up now to volunteer and to shop early. This is where you can really build your inventory and not spend a ton on gas.
- Fall yard sale season is around the corner. Clean out a closet to store your ebay finds.
- Don't get discouraged if you don't find "that great thing" next week or even this summer. Most of the good stuff I buy comes from one or two yard sales where I buy everything they have!
- You don't have to wait to sell EVERTYTHING at Christmas. Many things still sell well now or will start picking up in September.
- Don't get discouraged if you still aren't sure what to buy. Spend some time researching completed listings on ebay, look through my posts, or search other blogs for what other people like to sell.
- I'm working on putting together a printable list of the things I buy to resell and hope to have it available to you before the yard sales in the fall get started!
- It is work, but the treasure hunting is fun...and watching the auctions go up is even more fun.
Part 3 of the show and share will be posted later this evening once I get home from my final work shift. Have a great Sunday!